Post-Graduate Digital Content Intern
Get Schooled Internship Program
Are you interested in using ground breaking marketing strategies to make a difference in young people’s lives? Do you have a good sense of urban brands and trends that could engage our core teen demo? You might be a perfect fit for our new Digital Content Intern.
Get Schooled is an award winning national non-profit based in downtown Seattle (winner of Fast Company Most Innovative Company recognition in 2017!). We give students the power to shape their future through education. Our online tools, celebrity friends, and obsession with pop culture motivate youth to commit to prioritizing school on their path to success.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has a pulse on what’s popular with teens, loves in-store rewards programs results orienteered marketer, master of Excel (or a quick learner), create branding assets that will intrigue our youth audience, and not be afraid to roll up their sleeves and pitch in.
What You Will Do:
• Research and write editorial content for the top digital platform serving urban and rural students as they prepare for life beyond high school.
• Create content to support national and regional marketing campaigns for Get Schooled programs and partner activations
• Assist in executing strategies to promote growth and retention of the Get Schooled network
• Market Get Schooled content through targeted outreach to partner organizations.
• Support our nationally recognized text program by assisting students with everything education and navigating high school life.
What We Are Looking For:
• Passionate about education and student outcomes, excited to learn about gamification!
• Strategic thinker that’s able to execute a vision into reality.
• Awesome writer and communicator. Able to connect with students, regular user of social media.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
• Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
• Background in Journalism, English, Marketing, Communication, Design or other related discipline.
Our interns are a full member of the Get Schooled team with a real responsibility and voice. You will have your own projects with clear goals and a chance to share your ideas with the team on how to effectively reach and engage our core audience. Your growth and development are important to us. You will regularly meet with your manager to ensure that you’re getting the experience you need to advance your career. Our interns have gone on to work for top advertising agencies, Amazon as well as earned spots in prestigious graduate programs. And more than a few have rolled into full time jobs at Get Schooled!
College graduates may apply. Application deadline is 5/31/2018. The position begins as soon as possible. This is an hourly position for 40 hours a week. The role is located in downtown Seattle with a beautiful view of Puget Sound and the Great Wheel.
Please email your resume, cover letter and creative portfolio with “Digital Content Intern” in the subject line to
Internship, writing, content, digital, education
Website : http://www.getschooled.com/
Get Schooled engages and empowers Americans to help improve high school graduation rates, improve college readiness and raise college completion rates. It is the only consumer-facing education initiative that aims to complement and support the work of the broader education reform community by leveraging the creative talent, digital and media assets and resources of the country’s top media and consumer brands to truly connect with Americans. An independent non-profit organization, the Get Schooled Foundation’s founders include Viacom and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation with significant support from AT&T.