The Customer Service Manager (CSM) is responsible for executing TSI's member retention strategy through the successful management and monitoring of the member experience. The CSM directly reports to the General Manager (GM). The CSM will also work closely with and receive direction and guidance from the Business Director or Business Manager (BD/BM). The CSM manages Clean Team, Welcome Team and Babysitters. The Customer Service Manager role achieves success through embodying our cultural pillars (Genuinely Connected, True Relevance and Constantly Improving).
Models the core attributes of a successful employee with the utmost integrity, lives the mission and empowers others to do the same; focused on building meaningful relationships with members, their kids and team members.
* Modeling and promoting the Clubhouse Rules.
* Being available to team members to address questions and concerns.
* Ensuring that the club provides high levels of customer service, a consistently clean club, friendly service and responds to member feedback.
* Creating a strong sense of team by fostering collaboration, communication and alignment amongst team members.
* Actively listening to member and employee concerns, addressing issues before they become problems.
* Adhering to all TSI policies and procedures including, but not limited to timeliness, codes of conduct, uniforms and timekeeping. Setting expectations around the same for team members.
Actively facilitates self and team member development; constantly seeking new ways to build skills and competency; elevates the brand experience.
* Creating an environment where employees thrive and look forward to coming to work.
* Sourcing, recruiting and onboarding qualified Welcome Team and Clean Team members.
* Delivering relevant and effective coaching, training, feedback and performance management to team members.
* Creating robust development plans for team members who want to take on stretch assignments or progress to another role.
* Executing daily club walkthroughs and creating plans of action to ensure follow through on any identified deficiencies.
* Analyzing member feedback sources to determine improvements in processes and service.
* Regularly interacting with members to obtain, assess and address information on member needs, expectations and levels of satisfaction.
* Responding to member requests and inquiries in a timely manner.
* Acting as Manager on Duty as required.
Meets and exceeds company goals and metrics surrounding employees and members; never satisfied with the status quo.
* Partnering with GM to review and analyze club profit and loss statements and other financial reports daily to ensure club is on track to meet sales and cost goals.
* Collaborating with GM to effectively manage costs, including (but not limited to) labor, supplies and equipment.
* Administering scheduling and bi-weekly payroll for direct reports and oversee such administration by other club managers.
Skills and Experience:
* 2-3 years of management experience in a fitness, hospitality or retail environment, including direct experience in profit and loss management, revenue generation and people management.
* Physical demands include ability to walk through all areas of clubs, and bending and lifting (e.g., picking up towels, restacking of weights, moving of equipment as necessary).
* Able to work a full-time flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business, including mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends and 12-hour close-out shifts.
* AED/CPR Certified.
* AA or BA/ BS degree (preferred).
* California Applicants Only: All California applicants applying to a location that works with children must be certified and registered through Trustline.