Graphic Design Intern
Great Dane is now accepting applications for a
division office for the fall.
This internship will start in either August or September of 2018.
Great Dane is looking for a talented, creative, high initiative individual to join our team. As a graphic design intern you will primarily work with the marketing department, conceptualizing and designing innovative, on-brand collateral to support the creative aspects of marketing, communications, publication development, public relations and special events. Ideal candidates will be energetic, inventive, detail-oriented, hardworking, web-savvy and have experience designing for a variety of applications including print, web, mobile and social media platforms.
Impact of Internship:
You will finish the internship having gained hands-on experience and training in all aspects of product marketing, while also gaining a good understanding of real world design applications from a privately-owned business perspective.
About the Role:
The length of internship is negotiable based on candidate preference, but we are looking for a 3-6 month commitment. This is an hourly position, 40hrs/wk from 8:30am – 5:00pm.
*This is a paid fall internship. *
• Assist in the creation of signage, advertisements, mock-ups, email campaigns, brochures, print collateral, online promotions, etc.
• Assist in the creation of exhibition graphics for trade shows and events
• Prepare presentations for both meeting and training needs
• Provide design support to social media efforts
• Assist with occasional maintenance of various web sites and digital asset management systems
Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets firsthand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others
Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
Ethics and Values: Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches
Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; trends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
Approachability: Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant and gracious.
Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers
Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus
Planning: Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops scheduled and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measure performance against goals; evaluates results.
Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
• Education: Recent graduate from accredited college majoring in Graphic design, Multi-media design, or related field.
• Years of Experience: 1 – 2 years
• A robust portfolio including samples of work related to corporate business needs
• Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop)
• Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Highly motivated, self-starter who is able to work well in teams or independently
• Ability to thrive in an agile environment that mixes both long-term visions and shorter enterprise deadlines
• Highly-adaptable and able to pivot due to changing requirements or client feedback
*Additional Preferred Skills:*
• Ability to write/edit code in CSS and/or HTML
• Wireframing/Prototyping experience using Adobe XD, InVision or related software
• Animation experience using Adobe AfterEffects or related software(s)
_Physical Demands/Work Environment:_
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
/Physical demands:/ While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision.
/Work environment:/ Hours of work on site usually coincide with the Dayshift. The work schedule requirement is 8 hours per day, 5 days per week. Average hours worked per week is 40.
Work time is spent in an office environment moving about, communicating between departments and with employees, or seated at a desk or table processing information and operating a computer.
Hazard exposures are minimal however if the individual goes into the manufacturing and service areas of the plant/branch hazards would exist. These hazards are primarily ambient such as noise, sparks and forklift traffic. All protective devices and equipment are congruent with those of the production worker.
Must dress and present oneself in a professional manner.
This is a paid internship opportunity.
A favorable background screening, drug screening, and proof of work authorization in the United States is required for employment.
Great Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer